CODE RED RUN
Time & Location
About The Event
Run live with us and battle against inequality! Join us in a live event in partnership with the charity Sanitation First who, for over two decades, have been battling against the outdated menstrual taboos and lack of clean and safe hygiene facilities that school girls face in India everyday. 1 in 5 girls in India leave school when they start their periods. On May 29th for Menstrual Hygiene day we’re picking up the pace in the fight for menstrual equality. We would love you to donate as much as you can to the Charity’s campaign CODE RED and join us as we guide you through a family friendly - so bring the kids! - workout to fight for the health and acceptance of menstruating bodies everywhere and help us keep girls in school. Life shouldn’t stop when your period starts.
This event will be suitable for all ages so the 15 minutes of running will be going at your own pace and guided by effort. This means you might be asked to go slow, moderate or as fast as you can. Here's a quick summary to give you an idea:
- 10.30-10.45am - welcome talks
- 10.45am-11am - warm up exercises
- 11am-11.15am - run (5 x 1 minute intervals)
- 11.15am-11.30am - cool down and closing talks
- Find a safe spot where you can run the intervals without being interrupted: a field, your local park, your street, or a loop round the block. Parks are best for families, you'll just need to make sure the signal is good.
- You'll need internet or phone signal wherever you're planning on dialling in (see above!).
- You'll need a mobile phone in order to dial in.
- The event will be hosted in Google Meet and it sometimes helps if you've downloaded the app in advance.
- £5 DONATION£5£50£0
- £10 DONATION£10£100£0
- £20 DONATION£20£200£0